I've always thought blogging would be a blast, but I had absolutely no idea what to blog about. After my daughter was born, in April of 2011, I read a book
that encouraged women (well anyone, really) to keep a list of all of the blessings/gifts that they notice in their lives every day. I started out by jotting them down on random pieces of paper, put a few on facebook and continually wished that I had them all in one place. That is when I figured out what I could blog about - I kept it simple - just a list of my daily blessings. Over time though, I started to add other random thoughts and ponderings - mostly about my faith. I named it Grace in the Midst
& I LOVE IT! Blogging is so much fun.
More than one person recommended I start a business blog, but again I thought - what would I blog about? And what would I call it? And then I realized, I can count our Bean Bag Blessings! As for the the name? Well, I thought I'd go with a play on words...my personal blog is "Grace in the Midst" (referring to God's grace in the midst of raising a young family), but "Grace in the Middle" works perfectly for our business blog. Here's why. When I first started our business, a really good friend, Grace, allowed me to use her picture for all of our advertising needs. She's on our box truck, business cards, magazine ads etc...and now, she's in the middle of my new business blog. Here's Grace:
So, welcome to Grace in the Middle - where, for now - I'm going to literally count the blessings of owning a small business (and working from home).
1. My 4 year old son Blake sitting on my lap as I type this (wouldn't be possible at a nine to five job)
2. My 3 year old son, Cole, and 19 month old daughter,Avonlea, are snuggled up in their beds only a few feet away.
3. My husband is an incredible artist
and has made our website have such a wonderful feel
4. Remembering the expression on my friends and family's faces when I told them I wanted to start a bean bag business :) :) :)
5. Customers who call just to say thank you.
6. Repeat customers
7. Encouraging conversations with customers & customers who become friends
8. Friends who become customers :)
9. Selling a product I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and use every day!
10. Being able to sleep when I am pregnant (the only place I can sleep is in our large loveseat
11. Craft fairs
12. Bartering - I recently got tons of books for my children from our local "Books are Fun" rep who wanted a medium loveseat bean bag